Well you haven’t truly gone to heaven unless you’ve tasted our own special secret sauce at Joshua Charles Catering – our Mac and Cheese side dish. Our mac and cheese recipe contains a killer blend of four cheeses topped off with a fifth. Did we say YUM???
SIDE RECIPE: JOSHUA CHARLES CATERING’S MAC AND CHEESE
Yield: Serves 6-8
1 lb Cavatapi or Rigatoni pasta-cooked al dente
6 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ cup Flour
1 quart Whole Milk
2 cup Grated Fontina
2 cup Grated White cheddar
1 cup Grated Carmody cheese
1 cup Reggiano
To Taste: Salt and black pepper
½ cup Toasted Bread crumbs
½ cup Finely grated parmesan
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
1. Heat the milk in the medium saucepan on low flame until hot, don’t boil. Remove from heat.
2. In a small pan melt the butter and whisk in the flour to form roux. Continue stirring for a few minutes, do not brown.
3. Bring the milk back to heat and whisk in the roux. Heat on medium, slowly stirring until thick.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the cheddar, fontina and reggiano
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add in al dente pasta.
7. Stir thoroughly. Make sure the mixture is cooled to room temperature and then add in the carmody. (this will allow it to not melt into the sauce but melt and be gooey in the casserole when you bake it.)
8. Pour mixture into a casserole (13″ x 19″ x 2″ deep) and top with the bread crumbs and parm mixed together.
9. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes covered and 10 minutes uncovered or until golden brown and bubbly.